Team Program History
Surgent’s Elite has 37 years of competitive history. Founded in 1976 by James Surgent, Surgent’s Elite has a nationally recognized reputation as perennial producers of elite gymnasts. Our Boys Program has produced over 50 full scholarship NCAA division I winners, over 40 USA national team members and two Olympians (88’ and 92’ Olympian Dominic Miniccuci and 04’ and 08’ Olympic alternate David Durante).
- Co-coach of 2-time Olympian Dominic Miniccuci
- Co-coach of 2-time Olympic alternate David Durante
- U.S.A.G. NJ State Chairman
- Former Surgent’s Elite team member
- NCAA full scholarship to Michigan State
- Masters in Physical Education
- U.S.A.G. Regional Chairman
Our coaches are former National Team Members, World Championship Team Members, NCAA Division I Champions and U.S.A.G. State and Regional Chairman. They pool their individual experiences, knowledge, backgrounds and love for the sport to make your child’s gymnastics experience with Surgent’s Elite truly unique. All our coaches hold a U.S.A. Safety Certificate and have cleared a background check.
We offer Pre-Team to Elite level.
Parents Association Website
Region 7 website